We offer a very soft 3/4″ diameter 3-strand twisted poly Dacron rope in various lengths and colors. This rope has a softer feel, superior strength, and stands up best against UV, moisture and abrasion. Each rope has a firmly woven 5 foot circumference “anchor man end loops.” These ropes come in sizes of 25ft, 50ft, 75ft and 100 ft lengths and are available in 5 color choices. Recommended for grade school level competition.
- Poly Dacron: Softer feel and superior strength. Stands up best against UV, moisture and abrasion.
Tug of War Safety:
- Never let participants let go of rope allowing other side to over compensate and spring backwards.
- Stop competition as soon as last player passes win line on losing team.
- Allow approximately 5 ft of rope for “puller” to avoid bunching up (purchase rope length accordingly).
- Never let anyone pull unless both teams are “ready”.
- For tug of war ropes with hand loops- never pass arms into “hand” loops. Grab loop with hands only.
- Never let participants wrap rope around and body part to help with grip.
- Do not exceed ½ tensile strength of rope in good condition.
- Avoid getting manila rope wet. It is susceptible to dry rot which will cause rope to weaken and break. It also loses 1/3 of rope’s strength when used wet. Keep in dry and cool storage. Dry out completely before storing. Any degradation and/or cut strands replace immediately. Rope are relatively inexpensive and can be replaced easily.
- Supervision is needed to ensure a safe completion and play area. Use common sense and limits.
- Inspect rope before and after each use.
- Not to be used other than intended.
Rope Tensile Strength (Breaking)
Note: Safe Working Load is 20% of tensile strength of any rope in good condition. Avoid getting manila wet and inspect for mildew/dry rot if used outdoors before each use.