Climbing ropes have always been one of the most popular training aids to improve overall physical fitness and muscle tone, particularly for upper arms and shoulders. Climbing ropes are a popular choice to gain strength, grip, and arm coordination skills for wrestling, gymnastics, etc. Students can set personal goals and progress at their own skill level.
Jammar is proud to offer our loop top climbing ropes in 2 different choices of rope material for your program. Out Loop Top Climbing Ropes are offered in 1.25″, 1.50″ & 2″ diameters and each top has rope eye spliced and each bottom has a poly boot cover or braided back bottom to deter unraveling. Choice of 2 different bottom options to prevent unraveling and 2 different climbing assist options.
Decide which rope:
Step 1: Choose between our rope options;
- Natural Manila Rope: Traditional, superior quality, pure “Grade A” manila rope. Best manila in the industry. This natural fiber rope absorbs perspiration for the best grip and is extremely durable, very little splinters.
- Poly Dacron Rope: These ropes introduce an extremely soft rope material as well as having excellent moisture and UV resistance characteristics. Has an extremely strong and lightweight polypropylene core with a soft and durable polyester outside jacket layer similar to the feel of cotton. Available in white, black or tan.
Step 2: Choose diameter;
- 1in diameter: Only use as an assist up an angled wall.
- 1.25in diameter: Popular with elementary & grade school children.
- 1.5in diameter: Most popular among all ages, from high schools to military training.
- 2in diameter: Larger size proves for a much harder climbing challenge.
Step 3: Choose the length;
- Most ropes are ordered by measuring from the floor to the overhead beam and deducting one foot – allowing for attachment hardware or material used to loop itself back. This usually leaves the rope on or just above floor surface when installed.
Jammar can custom cut any length you need! Length options are for pricing purposes only. All ropes are made to order and non-returnable.
Step 4: Choose between our 4 finished bottom options;
- 2 | Whipped/Boot: 6″ heat shrink plastic boot glued over 3” of whipping.
- 4 | Braided Back: 15” hand woven back splice up from bottom of rope.
Step 5: Choose between our knot options/climbing assists;
- No Knots: Traditional rope with no knots. Tougher and more challenging.
- RGK | Rest Grip Knots: Woven grip knots are 3 ply, hand-woven on rope using durable braided rope extending approximately 3/8″ from surface for hand grips and foot holds when ascending & rest areas descending. Standard spacing is every 18” although they can be custom placed anywhere on the rope.
- BK | Beginner Knots: Large overhand knots fabricated from 3-strand rope tied into the rope itself creating large platforms. Standard spacing is every 18” although they can be custom placed anywhere on the rope. IMPORTANT NOTE: Ropes with BK-1 knots will appear shorter than requested size. To realize full size, install and apply the weight of an adult until knots are tight and rope has stretched. To shorten rope, tie an additional knot at top of rope. To lengthen rope, untie a knot at top of rope. Each knot uses 1′ of material.
|Rope Dia||Boot (2)||Seat (3)||Braided (4)||Anchor (5)||BKs||RGKs||RBs|