Our outdoor metal thimble climbing ropes are fabricated from quality 1.25″, 1.5″ & 2″ diameter manila and poly Dacron rope. Each top has galvanized metal thimble for superior strength and each bottom is braided to deter unraveling. Our selection of the premium polyester blend (Dacron) is chosen for its excellent moisture and UV resistance and is available in white, black, or tan. One of the best gripping synthetic ropes and holds up well to abrasion. Natural manila should be maintained and replaced accordingly if being left outdoors but continues to be the most popular for outdoor military obstacle courses.
Decide which rope:
Step 1: Choose between our rope options (see pictures);
- Natural Manila – traditional, superior quality, pure “Grade A” manila rope. Best manila in the industry. This natural fiber rope absorbs perspiration for the best grip and is extremely durable, very little splinters.
- Poly Dacron – these ropes introduce an extremely soft rope material as well as having excellent moisture and UV resistance characteristics. Has an extremely strong and lightweight polypro core with a soft and durable polyester outside jacket layer similar to the feel of cotton. Available in white, black or tan.
Step 2: Choose diameter;
- 1.25″ diameter – popular with elementary & grade school children or a rope assist on an angled wall.
- 1.50″ diameter – most popular amongst all ages, from high schools to military training.
- 2″ diameter – larger size proves for a much harder climbing challenge.
Step 3: Choose the length;
- most ropes are ordered by measuring from the floor/ground to the overhead beam and deducting one foot – allowing for attachment hardware or material used to loop itself back. This usually leaves the rope on or just above floor surface when installed.
- we can custom cut any rope you need.
Step 4: Choose between our 3 finished bottom options (see pictures);
- (4) – braided back
- (5) – rope loop
- (6) – metal thimble
Download our OCR-Series Product Catalog
Download our OCR-Series Instructions
** Remember to always use appropriate mats or material under and around all climbing equipment. All sporting and PE activities carry the risk of injury to the participants. Improperly maintained equipment and inadequately supervised programs are significant contributing factors. All equipment must be thoroughly inspected and maintained to reduce the risk to the users.
For further information regarding Jammar equipment and products please contact your dealer or call us at
1-866-848-1113 Toll Free