Our Indoor Gymnasium Climbing ropes are made with 1.25″, 1.50″ & 2″ premium grade natural manila, poly Dacron and polypropylene ropes. Top of the climbing rope has a metal eye fitting for easy installation to ceiling attachment. Choice of 4 different bottom options to prevent unraveling. Our climbing ropes also have 3 different climbing assist options.
Decide which rope:
Step 1: Choose between our rope options (see pictures);
- Natural Manila Rope – traditional, superior quality, pure “Grade A” manila rope. Best manila in the industry. This natural fiber rope absorbs perspiration for the best grip and is extremely durable, very little splinters.
- Poly Dacron Rope – these ropes introduce an extremely soft rope material as well as having excellent moisture and UV resistance characteristics. Has an extremely strong and lightweight polypropylene core with a soft and durable polyester outside jacket layer similar to the feel of cotton. Available in white, black or tan.
- Polypropylene “Unmanila” Rope – “unmanila” ropes consist of a specially manufactured polypropylene material which looks and feels like natural fiber ropes with superior strength and 2/3 the weight. Texture on surface allows good grip. Particularly popular on elementary level.
Step 2: Choose diameter;
- 1.25″ diameter – popular with elementary & grade school children.
- 1.50″ diameter – most popular amongst all ages, from high schools t0 military training.
- 2″ diameter – larger size proves for a much harder climbing challenge.
Step 3: Choose the length;
- Gymnastic Rules: state that climbing ropes without bottom knots should be long enough so that at least 42″ of rope is on the floor. Measure distance from floor to overhead girder and add 3.5′.*
- Regular Gymnasium: climbing ropes should be distance between the floor and the bottom of the overhead girder minus 1′.*
- we can custom cut any rope you need.
* special considerations for beam clamps are not included in these measurements
Step 4: Choose between our 4 finished bottom options (see pictures);
- 2 – Whipped end with a durable poly boot cover
- 3 – Large turk knot with leather seat
- 4 – Braided back
- 5 – Anchor clamp
Step 5: Choose between our knot options/climbing assists (see pictures);
- No Knots – Traditional rope with no knots. Tougher and more challenging.
- Rest Grip Knots | RGK – Woven & spliced onto rope every 18″ to provide better grip when ascending & rest areas descending.
- Beginner Knots | BK – Large knots tied into the rope itself that form platforms every 18″.
- Rubber Balls | RB – Very durable and very strong rubber balls attached every 18″.
Available options[table] Dia.,Boot (2),Seat (3),Braid (4),Anchor (5),BKs,RGKs,RBs
Download our entire Indoor Climbing Ropes Price List
** Remember to always use appropriate mats or material under and around all climbing equipment. All sporting and PE activities carry the risk of injury to the participants. Improperly maintained equipment and inadequately supervised programs are significant contributing factors. All equipment must be thoroughly inspected and maintained to reduce the risk to the users.
For further information regarding Jammar equipment and products please contact your dealer or call us at